Saturday, December 12, 2009

Things to Read

So the Moroccan idea of coffee (which is drank very regularly) is basically as follows: 90% boiling hot milk, 9.9% sugar, .06% dirt and accidentally spilling a bit of actual coffee (.04% for you blocs out there) into the mixture. I realized how ridiculous the proportions were when I first noticed that the mixture didn't even change color when the coffee was added. That being said, I have now discovered a substance that goes through me like nothing else on this earth. This potion should really be marketed as better tasting laxative.

As of late, I have begun watching the French-language news fairly regularly to try to get a glimpse of what is actually going on in this country. I tried watching the Arabic language one, but there were too many breaks for Quran verses. Well that and I don't speak a word of Standard Arabic. Anyway, every night in the sports segment, right after the roundup on La Liga and Moroccan soccer sorrows, there is a short bit on the NBA. At first it seemed as they were just picking the best game of each night to do a highlight reel, but this idea was shot down as soon as I saw a broadcast of a Nets-Bobcats game. As my French recognition (notice I didn't say conversational) skills have improved, I have realized that often, they're not even talking about the game being showed. Most of the time they're just talking about LeBron. On a related note there is also a channel that likes to broadcast 3 (or 4 at this point) year-old regular season Pac-10 basketball games. I saw Kevin Love play the other day.

No comments:

Post a Comment