Monday, May 31, 2010

Tim wuz here

While Tim was here he learned a bunch of ridiculous realities about PCV life. While often reminded of a whole host of stuff I had forgotten about life and culture stateside, in many cases I also felt the need to speak up for my adopted culture. So, now comes a list of paired junk which I will pass off as a post.

- What Tim learned
- What I realized/remembered/commented/I realize this is a pretty shoddy gimmick that barely makes sense

- The whiteness of one's skin and the initial stated price for any item are directly proportional
- Five bucks here can buy you a 3 hour bus ride from my site to Marrakesh, a sandwich, a 1.5 liter bottle of water and some candy, so stop bitching.

- Presence in Morocco makes one's standards of what composes quality booze drop dramaticaly. Seriously though, the Jim Beam he brought actually tasted good.
- It also raises one's standards of olive oil.

- French terminology is pervasive.
- The term "cyber park" is a lot funnier when thought of in an English context.

- Cows, goats, sheep and donkeys can often be found wandering by themselves with no owner in sight
- Has anyone born after the 19th century ever seen a donkey in the states?

- Tim was pissed when I shaved my mustache
- That thing was so vile that even Moroccan's welcomed its demise

- Cabs do not leave unless there are at least 6 passengers and only go to predestined destinations.
- Safety regulations and convenience are for pussies.

- Morocco is fuckin sweet
- People, it's dirt cheap and you got a free guide. Just go ahead and visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment