Sunday, November 15, 2009

So I'm Like, in Bzou Now

Yea, for reals. Life just got a lot slower and realer. As oppossed to the freezing cold weather up in the mountains of my last site, this place is fucking hot. Like mid-90s. It's November.

While being done with the brutality that was training (10 hours a day of class) is certainly nice, being hours away from friends and such can be a bit discouraging. Also theres the fact that I have to be a legit human now. Whereas before I was merely some trainee whose mistakes could be excused with this fact, now I'm supposed to head a series of activities at a youth center. Did nobody tell these people I am a total joker? Today I spent a couple of hours there getting absolutely manhandled by a group of kids at ping pong.

On the plus side I do have a site mate who has been great in helping me keep my sanity and such. Her place is awesome cause she has hot water...like coming out of the wall in a controlled fashion. It is awesome and I highly suggest you all try it sometime. That and there are crazy nice peeps in this town.

4 comments:

  1. Are we really paying you to play ping-pong in Moroccco?

    I'll take a yes-or-no answer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s. apparently my name is Slick Rick on blogspot

    pps you need to start housing little moroccans

    this is kamer

    ReplyDelete
  3. rest assured kamer, your tax dollars are also paying me to hike.

    ReplyDelete