Tuesday, October 27, 2009

I Don't Get Intertubes Often

So last weekend, a few of us went for a long hike near the city of Safrou. Our intention was to hike for a couple of hours, eat lunch and walk back into town. Best laid plains…So what actually happened was we stumbled on a Berber wedding about an hour and a half into the hike and were invited n for the festivities. The hour that followed can only be described as pure absurdity. Women’s hands were offered, two volunteers were forcibly married to each other (in order to display the parts of the ritual we had missed), and I may or may not have been served by a toothless old man.

Up to now I have forgotten to mention that upon arrival a few weeks ago, immediately after hearing my actual name, my host mom rechristened (well, I guess not technically since they’re Muslim) me Brahim. They don’t get the Tyler Hansbrahim references.

The other day as I was commenting on how my family always watches some soap opera which I thought was titled “Pub” a fellow PCT chimed in “Pub means commercial break.”

I realize that my blog is not the most informative of resources as to what I actually do on a daily basis but instead of actually typing out numbing ennui I will soon simply reference you to the (better) blogs.

Hey G-men, what ever happened to defense?

2 comments: