Thursday, October 1, 2009

Intro

I title this a return a return to childhood because in many ways, my experiences here continually make me feel six years old. Communication is labored, often bearing immature utterings like “I don’t like,” “school not good” and “I want this.” Being unfamiliar with this city, my mom stresses a 10 o’clock curfew (which hardly matters as I’m usually asleep by then) fearing an unkempt youth will, quite literally, steal my lunch money. Even the normally reliable TV is unable to deliver a semblance of adulthood, mostly barraging me with the pre-adolescent entertainment of Tom and Jerry. Upon returning from language class it is not unusual for me to have the same homework as my six year old brother Mehdi. Yesterday we conquered counting up to 99. It is still too early for three digits. Speaking of digits, girls are completely unattainable, bound by Islamic regulations. Again I am a child, restricted and confused. But then again, I always liked Tom and Jerry.

I've never really done a blog before (at least one that isn't purposely vile) so who knows how this shit will pan out.

No comments:

Post a Comment